Information notice in relation to the processing of personal data
This Notice sets out how Oikos Group of Companies (hereinafter referred to as “Oikos” or “We”) processes data, whether on individuals (including personal data in respect of individuals who are clients, intermediaries or other third parties that Oikos interacts with, or any individual who is connected to those parties) or otherwise. Where the data held are on individuals, this document also sets out the rights of those individuals in respect of that personal data.
This Notice has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
Any questions relating to this Notice or requests in respect of personal data should be directed to email@example.com
2. WHO WE ARE
We are a Group of Companies based in Cyprus and provide various products and services in relation to building, selling and renting properties in Cyprus.
Our Group consists of the following Companies:
- PCP OIKOS PROPERTY INVESTMENTS & CONSTRUCTIONS GROUP LTD
- PCP OIKOS RENTALS & MAINTENANCE LTD
- DEDICATED CYPRUS LTD
- PERIYIALI KONNOS VILLAS BEACH RESORT LTD
Our main offices are located at 295 Cape Greco Avenue, Protaras, 5296 Paralimni, Famagusta, Cyprus.
Address: 295 Cape Greco Avenue, Protaras, 5296 Paralimni, Famagusta, Cyprus
Tel: (+357) 23 831001
We strive to protect personal data and apply high standards of conduct when it comes to privacy issues. We ensure that our employees are provided with the appropriate training in order to handle personal data promptly and in accordance with the laws. Furthermore, we endeavour to ensure that any parties with whom we co-operate apply the same high standards when it comes to data protection and privacy as we do.
3. YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
We may ask you to provide us with certain information and personal data when you visit one of our offices, our internet website(s), our social media pages, our online advertising channels or our representatives in various exhibitions (in Cyprus or abroad), or when you call / e-mail us,
The personal data we may collect, use, store and transfer is the following:
- Identity Data, such as name, identity number, passport number, date of birth, country of residence and gender.
- Contact Data, such as physical addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data, such as bank account details and other data necessary for processing payments and other details about payments.
- Communication Data, such as your preferences in relation to receiving information about us, our services and products.
- Special categories of personal data, such as nationality.
- Data collected from the security systems: records from the cameras through the Closed-circuit television (CCTV).
- Other information required to be obtained under EU and Cypriot Law
4. HOW WE USE IT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
Here at Oikos we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with our Personal Data Protection Policy, in order to communicate with you about our services and to improve the quality of our services.
The purposes for which we collect your personal information are as follows:
when it is necessary for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract. This includes:
- to register you as a client;
- to provide our services including the purchasing or renting of a property of Oikos
- to match your inquiries and/or interests in property against an available property of Oikos for sale or rent;
- to process payments and billing;
- to be provided with services by you or your organization.
when processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of our business, particularly:
- to communicate with you about our products and/or services that may be of interest to you;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- to carry out background checks, where permitted;
- to analyze and improve our services and communications and to monitor compliance with our policies and standards;
- to investigate and follow up on any comments, inquiries and complaints you may have and to resolve any disputes and problems which may have arisen with respect to the use of our products, properties or services;
- to manage access to our premises and for security purposes;
- to protect the security of our communications and other systems, and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
- to exercise or defend our legal rights or to comply with court orders;
- to obtain feedback from you that will help us to improve and/ or further the provision of our facilities and services.
- when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under EU Law and/or Cyprus Law including the Cyprus Real Estate Agents Law 72(I)/2010.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) is used for legitimate interest purposes, particularly:
- for the crime prevention and detection
- for the security and protection of our premises
- for the security of Customers, Guests, Employees and Contractors
- for assuring our Customers, Guests, Employees and Contractors of the security measures that have been taken so that the fear of crime will be reduced
When you give us your consent to process your personal data:
- to collect information about your preferences to personalize and improve the quality of our communications with you;
- to inform you about promotional events, special offers, etc.
In case of consent provided to us, we will give you the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your personal data and information is processed and stored in our offices located in Cyprus along with the online software program which is accessed by Oikos anywhere in the world. In this regard, we use third-party service providers to store and process personal data in certain ways which are useful for the purposes of our business.
5. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- with any member of our Group of companies for the above purposes;
- with third parties including business partners and other necessary entities and/or subcontractors, for the above purposes;
- with service providers including providers of IT services;
- with regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, or pursuant to an order of a court or a legal obligation, to enforce our terms of business or to protect the rights of our business, our employees and our clients and
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information will be kept only for as long as required to fulfil the above purposes for which it was collected. After the applicable retention period, your personal data will be irreversibly destroyed unless destruction is prohibited for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Oikos shall erase your personal data if they are no longer necessary in relation to the above purposes for which they were collected or you have withdrawn in writing your consent on which the processing is based or you have a legitimate objection in processing your personal data in accordance to the GDPR.
As for the CCTV records, they are retained for a period of thirty (30) days from the recording date. However, we may have to retain this data for a longer period, such as for defending our legal rights before courts or other enforcement authorities.
In general, to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
Any requests for further information in relation to the continued processing of specific data and requests for destruction of data should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
Right of Access: You have the right to access to your personal data. You can ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you. There are situations where we may deny your request, for example, if making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
Right to Rectification: It is our objective to keep your personal data accurate, current and complete. You have the right to request the correction of any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data in case that
- there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- we may have processed your information unlawfully
- we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law
You should note, though, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds which override your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object when we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to Restrict Processing: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy
- when our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- when you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- if you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Right to Withdraw Your Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You can submit your request in writing by contacting us at email@example.com.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any other person. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made more requests. In this case, we will notify you.
8. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Oikos keeps this Notice under review in order to ensure that it is in line with any changes to the laws relating to privacy and personal data. Any updates will be communicated to you promptly.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in writing at Oikos 295 Cape Greco Avenue, Protaras, 5296 Paralimni, Famagusta, Cyprus. We will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection at www.dataprotection.gov.cy.