CYPRUS OFFERS THE RIGHT BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
CYPRUS OFFERS THE RIGHT BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
Cyprus, has all the substances to manage a strong and resilient economy, due to its size, productive labour force, business friendly and flexible government. Our country’s privileges are enriched by a strong and transparent legal and regulatory framework adding an attractive tax regime, which offers a wide range of incentives and benefits for legal and natural persons. Cyprus’ legal system is founded-based on Common Law principles
- A business centre with direct access to a market of 500 million EU citizens
- A reliable partner within the European Union that can offer competitive benefits and solid business solutions
- Companies in Cyprus have full access to European markets and EU trade agreements
- Part of the European Single Market; enjoying free movement of goods, services and capital
- More than 40 European Union trade agreements
- More than 60 double tax treaties
- Proximity & easy access to major markets
- 2nd fastest growing country brand worldwide
COMPETITIVE TAX SYSTEM
- 12,5% corporate tax rate
- EU & OECD Compliant / Access to EU directives
- Dividend participation exemption
- No tax on profits from disposal of securities
- No withholding taxes
- No tax on capital gains under conditions
- Notional Interest Deduction (NID) on investment in Cypriot companies
- Attractive IP Regime
ADMIRABLE REGULATORY FORM
- Strong Legal System ; aligned to the English legal system.
- Frequently updated to meet investors’ changing needs
- Strong protection for investment & intellectual property (IP)
- Setup and filing
- Establishing a business is simple and fast
- Simplest filing requirements for companies in the EU
QUALITY OF LIFE
- One of the best climates worldwide
- Top 5 safest country in the world (Value Penguin 2015)
- Top 4 best retirement destination globally (Knight Frank 2016)
- Most blue flag beaches per capita in the EU (Eurostat)
- Bathing water quality ranked “excellent” (EEA Report 2016)
- Cypriot citizens enjoy visa-free/visa-on-arrival access to 158 countries
- Freedom to move reside and work freely within the EU
- Best island economy 2017/2018 lifestyle & human capital (fDi magazine)
Cyprus offers a highly valued safe environment, with low stress levels and crime rates, ideal for a peaceful family life. Acknowledging the island’s safety and security standards, Value Penguin has ranked Cyprus 5th worldwide and 1st among smaller Countries in its Safest Countries in the World study for 2015.
AYIA NAPA & PROTARAS
Sparkling, crystal waters and powdery, golden sands are one of the defining features of the region of Ammochostos area ( Ayia Napa & Protaras), with its scenic landscape further dotted by quaint windmills, and its mineral-rich earth growing some of the island’s tastiest, fresh produce. The stunning coasts of the region are further enhanced by its famous, vibrant nightlife, large variety of tourist accommodation, idyllic fishing harbours, Medieval churches, and picturesque, traditional villages. Together, they offer the perfect recipe for a fantastic holiday. One of the main attractions of the area is the Natural Forest Park of Cape Greco with its cliffs, caves and coves. Aside from its breath-taking views, the park is ideal for swimming, diving, boat trips, walking and cycling, all in beautiful natural surroundings. From sun-seeker to party-seeker, foodie to explorer, everyone will fall in love with Ammochostos and its charm.
Nicosia is the capital and seat of government of Cyprus. Nicosia lies at the centre of the island, with a rich history that can be traced back to the Bronze Age. Nicosia blends its historic past brilliantly with the bustle of a modern city. The heart of the city, enclosed by 16th century Venetian walls, is dotted with museums, ancient churches and medieval buildings preserving the nostalgic atmosphere of years past. Nicosia has developed as a contemporary, business and cultural centre.
Limassol is the second largest city of Cyprus and has a sea port . Recent renovation projects in the old town and old port area are seeking sightseeing. Limassol offers diverse facilities ranging from the newly-completed university, marina, museums to the recently renovated historical town centre with its picturesque castle and quaint sidewalk cafes.
Larnaca is a city on the southern coast of Cyprus . Larnaca is known for its palm-tree seafront, the Church of Saint Lazarus, Hala Sultan tekke, Kamares Aqueduct and Castle. Larnaca is home to the country's international airport, Larnaca International Airport. Larnaca is rich in ancient culture, Larnaca is also a thriving and modern European city that offers the best of all worlds.
Paphos is a coastal city in the southwest of Cyprus and the capital of Paphos District. New Paphos is the modern city that incorporates the harbour, and the ancient ruins of tombs, fortresses. The current city of Paphos lies on the Mediterranean coast. Paphos airport is the second airport in Cyprus.